- A full-service plastic products manufacturer
- Family-owned business with roots going back to 1940
- Approximately 320 employees
- 3 manufacturing sites located in Illinois, Wisconsin & Nebraska
- FDA Compliant, ISO 9001:2008 Certified & Temp Controlled facilities
- 320,000 sq ft of manufacturing and warehouse space
- 130 presses ranging from 55 to 2000 tons
ABOUT COMMERCIAL PLASTICS
COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY
We are committed to environmental sustainability. Reducing our environmental impact isn’t the responsibility of a designated company department or even a cross-functional task force. It exists within each area and is a challenge placed squarely in front of each employee…a true element of CPC’s culture.
Evidence of how thoroughly committed our employees are to that culture lies in the number of ways in which we have reduced our environmental footprint.
- Energy efficient lighting using 60% less energy.
- Energy-saving motion sensors for lighting – in both the offices and warehouses
- Ambient light detectors – adjusting the amount of artificial light used based on the amount of natural light available.
- Variable frequency drives on presses, which automatically vary the energy usage depending on the process running. Initial energy savings over the replaced conventional methods is averaging 29%
- Heater bands to insulate, generate and transmit heat more efficiently on injection presses. Early reduction in energy and electrical consumption is averaging 30%.
- Reducing inline air pressure settings when possible
- Using purging compound, creating a 25% reduction in start-up resin waste
- Using over 500 reusable shipping containers
We are committed to social and economic sustainability. We are award-winning with our community involvement, employee engagement and supporting/promoting education. Our employees spread the CPC culture outside the walls of our facilities. We do this with our involvement in over 30 programs within our communities.
- A dedicated community garden on our Wisconsin facility land planted and managed with a local high school, Harborside Academy.
- Lakeview Technical Academy annual student tour
- Our local Fire and Police use our Illinois facility for their annual commercial building rescue training
- Local team sport sponsorships
- Charity team and fundraising events
- Walk for cancer
- Toys for Tots
- Local food collection
- Dragon boat races
At Commercial Plastics, Safety is built on a simple principal; create a culture of safety so each employee goes home each day safe and injury free. The CPC Safety Program continually strives for the goal of ZERO ACCIDENTS AND INJURIES. CPC’s strong commitment to a safe workplace goes well beyond stating its compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Safety is very important to us, and we are committed to manufacturing our products in a safe, efficient and environmentally responsible way. Our safety policy outlines the aims and actions we have put in place to ensure our employees, suppliers and visitors are not exposed to harm or hazards.
To achieve our goal and the quality objectives, Commercial Plastics is committed to:
- Ensuring that our Quality Policy is communicated and understood at all levels of the organization.
- Implementing, maintaining and continually improving the effectiveness of the Quality Management System described in our manual.
- Setting appropriate Quality Policies and Objectives and ensuring their ongoing suitability for CPC;
- Ensuring this management system complies with all state and federal statutory and regulatory requirements, the ISO 9001:2008 Standard and all other business requirements.
PLACES YOU'LL FIND US
You conserve energy with us:
We produce LED luminaire clusters and housings for low-energy consumption lighting.
You cook with us:
We produce parts for a leading brand of outdoor grilling products.
You workout with us:
We produce heart rate monitoring housings, cup holders, end caps, and motor housings that go onto treadmills, elliptical, and exercise bikes.
You stay clean with us:
We produce internal components for commercial laundry systems.
You stay healthy with us:
We produce sharps containers and medical waste containers for hazardous waste disposal and management.
You fly with us:
We produce tip mandrels for duplicate inlays for commercial airline engines.